The Netgear WNDR4000 Rangemax N750 is our newest high-end DD-WRT router, providing speeds of up to 750Mbps (more than twice that of the standard 300Mbps), transmitted from 8 internal antennas. The strong 480 MHz Broadcom CPU helps the WNDR4000 deliver top-of-the-line Internet speed and performance in the busiest of networks while offering affordable enterprise-class security. PCMag selected the WNDR4000 as an Editor's Choice and praised it as the “throughput thoroughbred in the 5 GHz band.” Translation: the WNDR4000 delivers as a true networking workhorse.
The DD-WRT WNDR4000 also features Simultaneous Dual-Band Wireless for optimal performance in crowded areas such as crowded apartment buildings, busy downtown districts and cities with heavy wireless interference. To top it off, the WNDR4000 includes 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports & 1 Gigabit WAN port for high-speed wired connections and a USB port to connect backup hard-drives and printers. And that's all before you get to the DD-WRT! Every WNDR4000 comes upgraded with the latest, tested version of the open source DD-WRT big/mega DD-WRT firmware. When FlashRouters upgrades Netgear's firmware to the superior DD-WRT platform, a new world of configuration opportunities instantly become available.
Popular WNDR4000 DD-WRT Setup Options
Using DD-WRT can make your network infinitely more stable and easier to tweak. FlashRouters creates a complete out-of-the-box, plug and play DD-WRT upgraded router solution that includes all the most popular DD-WRT features:
- VPN Router: Upgrading to a DD-WRT WNDR4000 allows for built-in VPN connections with OpenVPN and PPTP, creating a secure tunnel for any device just by connecting to the router. When you use a Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection, you get an additional layer of Internet security and encryption that allows you to mask your location or to access regionally restricted video and streaming content. Read more about what VPN can do under the VPN Service tab.
- Dual Router Setup: In the dual router setup, one router is connected to your local Internet Service Provider and the WNDR4000 can be used as a dedicated VPN router. Learn more about the FlashRouters Dual Router Setup.
- Wireless Extender/Bridge Options: Depending on your build and chip type, you can set up a variety of wireless extender options with a DD-WRT router. This will allow you to extend the current reach of the router, improving wireless range in homes and offices. You can also use DD-WRT to create a wireless bridge. With a wireless bridge, you can establish a wired connection without running actual cables and you can create wired ports for a 3G/4G MiFi device. Get a more extensive breakdown in our post on Wireless Repeaters and Bridges. Please look under the Support Plan tab for additional tech support information if you plan to use one of these setups.
The FlashRouters Difference
The Netgear WNDR4000 FlashRouter arrives pre-installed with a recent, tested, stable DD-WRT firmware build. Forget spending hours deciphering the DD-WRT forums/website/Wiki for the correct hardware version and proper build only to discover that you've improperly flashed your device and bricked it.
Each FlashRouter arrives at your doorstep with a personalized setup guide that is tailored to your requested network information, making your network centerpiece installation as simple as possible. The right router, the right firmware, right now!
FlashRouters steps in to offer what many router manufacturers won't: better firmware, network configuration assistance and responsive American tech support that will actually answer your questions.
- Free VPN Service Integration: If you have a favored VPN provider, we'll configure the FlashRouter for you and ship it out with the setup information or a visual setup guide for your chosen provider. If you need assistance choosing the right service for you, just contact our support staff. Read more about this option under the VPN Service tab.
- Custom Configuration & Setup Guide Included: Include your preferred router setup options in the order checkout comments or a FlashRouter configuration specialist will be in contact to tailor your new router to your networking plan.
- Free Online Tech Support: Should you run into an issue during Internet or VPN setup, our skilled DD-WRT techs can assist in getting the connection up and running. Read more about this option under the Support Plan tab.
- DD-WRT Warranty: DD-WRT firmware installation voids manufacturer warranties. FlashRouters provides a 90-Day Warranty for DD-WRT installations.
- International Dual Voltage (100v - 240v): Ships with U.S. power cable, international adapters available here.
- Worldwide Shipping via USPS & FedEx.
|Frequency Band(s)||Dual Band (2.4/ 5 GHz)|
|Wireless Data Rates||N750 (300+450Mbps)|
|Wireless Standards||IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n|
|Ethernet Port Type||Gigabit (10/100/1000Mbps)|
|Ethernet Ports||4 LAN 1 WAN|
|Number of Antennas||8|
|Wireless Security||WPA Personal, WPA Enterprise, WPA2 Personal, WPA2 Enterprise, WPA2 Personal Mixed, WPA2 Enterprise Mixed, RADIUS, WEP|
|Processor Speed:||480 MHz|
|Flash Memory (MB)||8|
|Power Adapter||100v-240v ~50-60Hz (Compatible Worldwide)|
|Volt Input||12V 2.5A|
|Package Contents||A/C Power Supply, Ethernet Cable, Router Stand, Customized Setup Guide|
|Warranty||90 Day Limited Warranty|
|Choose VPN Service||None Required|
DD-WRT Firmware Version: DD-WRT Big-NV64K
Setup Information: No CD Installation required with a FlashRouter. Each router comes with the firmware already installed and a easy to follow setup guide.
Popular DD-WRT feature enhancements: Quality of Service (QoS) bandwidth management, Remote Wake on Lan (WOL), Integrated VPN options, Guest network, Hotspot setup, and Wireless Extender Options (Wireless Client-Bridge, Repeater, and Wireless Access Point).
FlashRouter Upgrade Process: FlashRouters must be remove all routers from their original packaging in order to perform the DD-WRT upgrade, test the device and complete the configuration process. Each router has been individually checked and tested by a FlashRouter specialist to ensure everything is working and configured properly before being shipped.
Warranty: By altering the firmware on your router, the manufacturer's warranty is voided. FlashRouters is proud to offer our own Limited 90-Day Warranty along with a 30-Day Satisfaction guarantee. Please read our Warranty and Return Policy for more information.
For more in-depth information on the upgrades, benefits and options with a DD-WRT FlashRouter, please visit the DD-WRT information page.
FlashRouter VPN Customization Options
- Select your preferred VPN Service provider from the dropdown menu above. If your provider is not listed then simply fill in the “other provider” field and we will email you if there are any issues with compatibility.
- Optional Added Benefit: Want your VPN service preconfigured in your router prior to shipping by our expert configuration team for plug and play functionality? Enter your VPN service username, password, and preferred server (location) in Comments section during the final step of our SSL secure checkout. FlashRouters values your privacy and will be happy to assist remotely on your VPN configuration if you do not wish to provide this info.
- FlashRouters only supports personal VPN providers with documented setup guides for connecting to their service from a DD-WRT router. To find an updated list, please visit the tested & supported VPN service providers. Don't see your provider listed? Just ask us and we'll be happy to look into the provider.
- Want VPN but not sure which to choose? Why not review our top supported VPN providers.
This FlashRouter comes with 3 FREE months of our Basic Support PLUS Plan (normally $75) which includes support for Internet Connection, Wireless Network Setup, & VPN Client Connections. The PLUS Plan upgrades support to include Wireless Extender Support for Bridges, Repeaters, and WAPs over the Basic support plan.
This US-based service also includes up to 3 TeamViewer Remote Support Sessions.
You may purchase an upgrade to a full year of the Basic Support PLUS Plan in the Support Plan dropdown option above.
Additional 1 year blocks of support time can be purchased after your free three months have lapsed.
Great! Review by Mark A.
Quality Value Support
The support was super fast and helpful. The shipping was speedy and efficient, and the router itself is great! I definitely recommend taking the plunge and getting yourself a FlashRouter. Never before have I had a router with this much access. Honestly, it is a life changer. (Posted on 8/7/14)
Innovative Review by Bob L.
Quality Value Support
Flashing this router with DD-WRT has provided for innovation in security and performance. The WNDR4000 is a world ahead from my old Wireless-G router, in terms of speed, the amazing dual band, and super-fast wireless. Compared to other routers, this is a bit of an investment, but I must say it was worth it. (Posted on 8/5/14)
An Absolutely Wonderful Device Review by Steven M.
Quality Value Support
The security that this absolutely wonderful device provides me with is very reassuring in this current, very frightening landscape. For a while, it seemed to be an impossibility to use my home computer without the intrusion of outside agents, peering on me with snooping eyes. Using a VPN with this router has seemed to sweep all of that away, and made me feel much, much more secure. FlashRouters has provided me with a much needed sense of safety. (Posted on 7/15/14)
A Major Surprise Review by Christian S.
Quality Value Support
This router was a major surprise in the best way possible! A DD-WRT router with Dual Band capabilities, I was elated with how well the WNDR4000 functioned at the price point. The FlashRouters support team was fantastic, very nice and helpful. (Posted on 7/3/14)
Worked like a charm! Review by Visola W.
Support Value Quality
Had a question and contacted support. They had the perfect answer to my question within minutes.
Worked like a charm. Thank you Dave! (Posted on 12/4/13)