While FlashRouters recently highlighted some of the best and most popular DD-WRT routers of 2019, we thought it would be appropriate to give attention to one top economy router model in particular. Introducing the Netgear R6400v2 AC1750 Nighthawk DD-WRT.
Netgear R6400 AC1750 Nighthawk Specs
In the first place, let’s talk about what makes the Netgear R6400 AC1750 Nighthawk so special, even before it is flashed with DD-WRT Open Source firmware for advanced customization and security options.
- Dual Core 1 GHz (1000 MHz) Broadcom CPU internal processor
- 3 powerful, adjustable external antennas.
- 256 MB of RAM/128 MB of flash memory
- DD-WRT & FlashRouters Privacy App Compatible
On the whole, that’s a lot of top-of-the-line processing power, not to mention high-end Wireless-AC speeds…
If you’re not familiar with Wireless-AC, here’s all you need to know: as the latest wireless draft for exponential signal capacity, for sheer transmission speed, Wireless-AC smokes the competition.
To demonstrate, Wireless-G topped off at 54 Mbps and Wireless-N landed in the 450-900 Mbps range. Consequently, Wireless-AC blows right by both of them, doubling Wireless-N’s fastest speeds. In the case of the Netgear R6400v2 AC1750 Nighthawk DD-WRT FlashRouter, this is a dual-band device with the capability to offer AC1750 (450+1300Mbps)!
Benefits of Upgrading to a FlashRouter
Out of the box and with factory settings, the default stock firmware found on routers is full of bugs and backdoors. Consequently, with these backdoors, hackers or snoopers can spy on your network activity. Businesses, including your Internet Service Provider, can monitor and monetize your online activity.
Flashing a Linksys router with open source firmware opens the door to a world of added network stability, increased range, and upgraded security. And, perhaps most importantly, Open Source firmware also allows for the integration of a Virtual Private Network onto your router, thereby keeping snoopers out of your network.
Feeling overwhelmed? No need. Every FlashRouter comes with access to the FlashRouters Support Team, who will help configure your router for the optimal configuration in your home environment. What’s more, the FlashRouters Support Team continually tests the latest firmware builds, making sure that our devices are properly updated and secured.
Why Choose A Netgear FlashRouter?
- DD-WRT Pre-installed: Arrives pre-installed with a recent, tested, stable DD-WRT or Tomato firmware build with enhanced security by one of our customization experts. Hence, DD-WRT and Tomato have a large array of benefits including removing security holes, VPN integration, wireless repeater modes, access restrictions and more.
- Plug and Play, Out of the Box VPN Setup: For complete pre-configuration to a service, please enter your username, password, and preferred server location. However, this is not required, just an added bonus for those who desire it.
- Pre-Loaded for the FlashRouters Privacy App: All of our DD-WRT routers come with the easy-to-use FlashRouters Privacy App. It is the easiest way to manage a DD-WRT FlashRouter.
- Worldwide Shipping via USPS & FedEx.
Upgrade to the FlashRouters Privacy App
Every DD-WRT FlashRouter comes with the free FlashRouters Privacy App. The FlashRouters Privacy App revolutionizes and simplifies using a DD-WRT router with a VPN.
With the Privacy App, users can:
- Switch between VPN locations with the tap of a button
- Manage which devices go through the VPN and which don’t
- Change VPN Providers with a few clicks on the same device
Want better support for your entire network? The FlashRouters Privacy App is here to help.
Have any questions about the R6400v2 or other FlashRouters? Feel free to contact us!