What exactly is a FlashRouter? What makes it different from a store bought router? What can it do for you?
In short, a FlashRouter is an open-source, all-in-one privacy solution for your home networking needs. So, why do you need one? Read on to find out!
What Exactly Is A FlashRouter?
A FlashRouter is a powerful wireless router that comes pre-installed with open-source firmware called DD-WRT. The DD-WRT firmware enhances and upgrades performance and features of wireless routers. The firmware lifts restrictions that are built into the default stock firmware that comes with store-bought routers.
DD-WRT Upgrades And Enhancements
DD-WRT firmware comes with a slew of upgrades to stock firmware. Some of these upgrades include, but are not limited to:
- Firmware bug fixes to stock firmware
- Improved network stability & network status information
- VLAN (Virtual LAN) support
- Advanced wireless modes such as access point, wireless client bridge, & repeater mode
- Advanced DNS forwarding
- Processor overclocking
- Increased wireless signal strength
- OpenVPN, PPTP, & L2TP support
- VPN server and client integration and support
What Does A FlashRouter Do?
With DD-WRT pre-installed on a router like the popular, reliable Linksys WRT3200ACM, possibilities for network security nearly endless. With VPN support built into our devices, users can easily integrate their VPN service straight into their wireless router.
This enables users to protect their entire home network with a secure VPN connection, creating a wireless home VPN network. Here are some other advantages:
Counts as only one VPN connection
- VPN providers typically only offer a limited number of connections to their VPN service.
- A FlashRouter counts as just one connection, allowing for all devices connected to the FlashRouter to count as one connection as well.
- This nullifies the VPN providers’ connection limit, freeing up the other available connections for other devices.
Protects all devices under your VPN subscription
- Any device connected to the FlashRouter will go through the VPN connection.
- This goes for wired or wirelessly connected devices.
- Devices that don’t natively support VPN connections will be encrypted to the VPN.
Comes with our new VPN Privacy App
- The FlashRouters VPN Privacy App allows for easy setup and configuration of your wireless network.
- Access your FlashRouter simply by entering FlashRoutersApp.com.
- An optimized UI enables users to set up their router via any browser or mobile phone.
- Easy access to login to your VPN account
- The app also includes easy-to-use server switching (seen in the screenshot below).
Now that you see what a FlashRouter does, you may be asking, what can I do with it?
What A FlashRouter Can Do For You
In the age of Internet streaming, data breaches, and of course a restrictive government, a FlashRouter is an all-in-one solution. With seamless setup, US-based support, and our new FlashRouters Privacy App, taking the Internet back into your hands has never been easier.
1. Easily get around restricted content and geo-blocking
Some services, such as Netflix or Hulu, only offer certain shows and movies in different areas of the world. Using a VPN connection allows you to change their IP to a different location, allowing you to stream whatever you want, wherever you want.
The FlashRouters VPN Privacy App features a seamless way to easily switch VPN servers at your leisure, enabling you to appear as if you are anywhere in the world.
2. Prevent data breaches and potential hackers
Unfortunately, data breaches and hacking is becoming the norm. Protecting your home network with a VPN encrypts your sensitive data and information by routing it to a secure VPN server.
Using a FlashRouter effectively shrouds your entire home network and any connected device with the VPN service of your choice.
3. Securely circumvent government censorship
With countries such as China and Russia cracking down on Internet censorship, true Internet freedom is slipping away. A VPN enabled FlashRouter allows for an easy way to get around new laws and regulations restricting access to the Internet.
Not only does a FlashRouter allow for a secure VPN connection on all your devices, it encrypts and routes your data to bypass any government censorship.
FlashRouters: The All-In-One Solution
As you can see, there are many advantages to using a FlashRouter (like the WRT3200ACM pictured above) for your home network. The DD-WRT firmware pre-installed on our devices upgrade and enhance the stability, security, and functionality of a standard wireless router.
With that being said, the added VPN support on our FlashRouters allows for unprecedented security and privacy on any and all connected devices.
So what are you waiting for? Upgrade and secure your network today!
Have any questions or concerns? Contact our support team for more information.