Christmas is coming a little early this year, friends. FlashRouters has just added another doozy of a router to our line: The Netgear Nighthawk X4S R7800 DD-WRT FlashRouter.
Netgear Nighthawk X4S R7800 AC2600 DD-WRT FlashRouter Specs
Because we’re just so eager to tell you about this router, we’re just going to jump right into its peerless hardware.
- Qualcomm Atheros 1.7 GHz (1700 MHz) Dual Core Processor
- QUALCOMM ATHEROS 1.7 GHZ (1700 MHZ) DUAL CORE PROCESSOR
- 4 POWERFUL EXTERNAL ANTENNAS WITH BEAMFORMING+
- MU-MIMO SUPPORT
- QUADSTREAM X4 WIRELESS ARCHITECTURE
In case this doesn’t mean much to you, allow us to put these features in practical terms.
First of all, the 1.7 GHz Dual Core Processor. That’s 70% more powerful than processors in some of our top routers. To state the obvious, more power means a faster, more efficient network. This is imperative for maximizing network and VPN performance because of the additional demands on a WiFi Router due to the constant network encryption/decryption activities.
There’s a reason this device is also being called “The Nighthawk Plus” around the FlashRouters office. Because it takes an already fantastic and best selling device and manages to improve it considerably.
More External Antennas, MU-MIMO Support
The Netgear X4S R7800 features powerful external antennas, to improve your network’s WiFi signal coverage. Similarly, MU-MIMO makes it easier for your router to communicate with multiple devices on the network at the same time.
The X4S Stands For QuadStream
Double the bandwidth with 160MHz support and dramatically increase WiFi range for mobile devices with QuadStream X4S Architecture. MU-MIMO gives you faster speeds with simultaneously streamed data for multiple devices.
Beamforming+ & Dynamic QoS
Unlike typical WiFi routers that just blast the WiFi signals in all directions, with Beamforming+ the router & device communicate with each other, so the router can directly beam the WiFi signal to the device. The result is a stronger, faster more reliable connection that is locked in even when the device is moved around the home.
• Focuses WiFi signals from the wireless router to WiFi devices like smartphones, tablets & laptops
• Automatic signal management checks with your device to keep WiFi signal at its optimal strength
• Designed for home environments to support multiple WiFi
device connections for highest quality
• Extends WiFi coverage, reduces deadspots, & boosts signal strength
• Implicit & Explicit Beamforming boosts speed, reliability & range for both 2.4 & 5GHz WiFi devices
Beamforming+ boosts speed and range, while Dynamic QoS bandwidth prioritization optimizes your Internet speed for gaming and streaming. Powerful amplifiers and four high-performance external antennas give you greater WiFi range throughout large homes and even backyards.
Top Netgear Nighthawk X4S DD-WRT Features
So that’s why you’d want to buy a Netgear Nighthawk X4S from anyone. Allow us to tell you why you gets yours upgraded with DD-WRT Open Source Router Firmware recommended by top network security experts.
It’s quite simple, actually. We ditch the unreliable, buggy and security-hole-filled stock firmware and replace it. This open source replacement firmware massively boosts the functionality as well as the versatility of the Netgear Nighthawk X4S R7800 DD-WRT. As a result, you can take advantages of features like the ones listed below.
- Removes firmware flaws major security holes, backdoors like WPS functionality.
- Complete OpenVPN & PPTP Client/Server Setup Configuration Options.
- Stabilize Overall WiFi Performance & Boost Antenna Strength with wireless transmission power options.
- Integrated Captive Portal/ WiFi Hotspot System Capabilities
- Advanced Networking Modes: Access Points, Wireless Extender, Wireless Client & Repeater Bridge.
And that’s just the beginning of DD-WRT’s virtues. Therefore, a massively powerful router such as the Netgear Nighthawk R7800 X4S combined with DD-WRT firmware is an unstoppable force!
The FlashRouters Guarantee
Lastly, FlashRouters wants to ensure that our users get as much utility out of their devices as possible.
Because not everyone’s an expert on maximizing router efficiency, we hire our own and put them to work for you. Hence, the following feature of FlashRouters ownership:
Support Plans: At FlashRouters, we offer DD-WRT support plans. Naturally, different routers come with slightly different plans. Visit the FlashRouters Support Plan Center for support on your router.
Have a question? Check out our just relaunched FlashRouters Help Center!