Well, Halloween has come and gone, and we hope that our routers have helped make the process of streaming every last horror movie you can find as easy as possible.
So now that we’re halfway through autumn, it’s just about time to get ready for holiday shopping (we agree, it’s too early, but that’s the reality). So if you want to avoid the hassles of in-store shopping, you’re going to want a fast, powerful wireless network to make online shopping as fluid and reliable as possible. And that’s where FlashRouters comes in.
Benefits of an Open Source Firmware Upgrade
So why buy a FlashRouter? Your wireless network is passable, right?
As the brief video above explains, a FlashRouter is the key to a wireless network that is, feature-wise, as advanced as any you can find out there. Don’t worry about buying a router that is quickly eclipsed by the next generation of tech: a FlashRouter is a surefire way to future-proof your wireless network.
How do we achieve that lofty goal? Quite simple, really. We flash all of our routers with open-source replacement firmwares like DD-WRT and Tomato, and we do that because it unlocks a world of flexibility and versatility in our devices. Care to know what DD-WRT and Tomato do to a router? Here you go:
- Built-in OpenVPN, PPTP, & L2TP Settings which allows you to utilize your VPN subscription with multiple devices as well as popular streaming players like Rokus while saving you the trouble of installing the VPN connection on each single device!
- VLAN (Virtual LAN) Support for segmenting wireless networks in the same router.
- Advanced Bandwidth Management and Restriction Tools.
- Removes firmware security holes like WPS and manufacturer backdoors.
- Advanced Networking Modes for WDS, Repeaters & Client Bridges.
- Enhanced QoS (Quality of Service): Prioritize traffic for VOIP, streaming services, & popular websites.
And that’s not even close to whole list of DD-WRT and Tomato features. We didn’t even mention that a FlashRouter allows you to extend your wireless range (did you know you could do that?). So maybe it’s time to take a look at these routers and determine which one is going to revolutionize your wireless network, eh?
Most Popular Wireless Open Source FlashRouters of October 2015
Well, as we predicted in September, the revamped Linksys WRT1900AC DD-WRT router had no trouble cracking the bestsellers list in its first full month of distribution. Color us not the least bit surprised.
It seems like it’s going to take some for a router to come knock the Netgear R7000 AC1900 Nighthawk DD-WRT router off it’s throne, as it claimed the top spot once again. What can we say? Users respond to unbeatable power and speed.
- Netgear R7000 AC1900 Nighthawk DD-WRT Router – One of our highest powered Netgear router, and preferred as the top router for online console gaming. Also available in a Tomato version with a Selective VPN option.
- Asus RT-N66U Router TomatoUSB Router – A.K.A. The Dark Knight, a consistent powerhouse.
- Linksys WRT1900AC DD-WRT Router – The new kid on the block and a perfect update of a classic.
- Asus RT-AC56U Wireless-AC1200 DD-WRT Router – A super-fast Wireless-AC router at a thoroughly affordable price.
- Linksys E2500 Shibby TomatoUSB – The go-to economy Wireless-N Dual Band device for bargain seekers.
Most Popular VPN Service Providers of October 2015 – By User Request
The newbie, ExpressVPN, is creeping up the list fast, but not fast enough to unseat the reigning champion, IPVanish. Congratulations again to IPVanish! Otherwise, the most popular VPN service providers list experienced mostly minor shuffles in order.
- IPVanish – Offers some of the fastest L1 server speeds worldwide & popular in the Middle East.
- HideMyAss – Most overall US & UK server options.
- PureVPN – A time-tested, incredibly popular VPN.
- ExpressVPN – The newly supported premium VPN provider with top performance in Asia and Australia.
- PrivateInternetAccess – Top budget VPN service.
The Advantages of Having a FlashRouter On Your Side
Our devices are certainly user-friendly, but taking advantage of all they have to offer can require a bit of expertise. But no matter your level of wireless knowledge, we want you to get the most out of your FlashRouter. That’s why we offer:
- An extensively tested version of DD-WRT or Tomato firmware will be flashed on your router.
- Personalized Custom Configuration & Setup Guide
- Dual Router VPN Network Setup – Your router will be configured to work by itself or in tandem with your current service provider modem/router out-of-the-box so that you can establish a VPN dedicated router/access point.
- Free VPN Service Integration: We offer plug and play setup on demand and setup/troubleshooting guides for more than 50 VPN services.
- Fast, affordable worldwide shipping via USPS & FedEx.
If you have any further questions, send us a message. Our team of networking experts are eager to help you with any issue you might be having.