Wouldn’t you know it? Almost exactly two months after we introduced our first Netgear Wireless-AC DDWRT, here comes another DDWRT WiFi powerhouse to keep it company.
These last two DDWRT devices have a lot more in common than their networking standard. Our newest device is an updated version of its predecessor, and it may just be our most feature-rich VPN WiFi router. If you thought we were excited about the Netgear R6300 AC1750 DDWRT FlashRouter to offer you, wait ’til you meet version 2!
A More Powerful Netgear Wireless-AC Router
Suffice to say, if we’ve gone to, the trouble of adding a router with a similar design to another router on our line, we must have a good reason.
Well, for starters, the Netgear R6300 V2 offers a major boost in processor power over the V1. Whereas the V1 had the (admittedly excellent) 600 MHz Broadcom CPU, the V2 features the top-of-the-line Dual Core 800 MHz Broadcom CPU, making it the first Dual Core DD-WRT router we offer. That’s a 33% boost in speed (while being 33% smaller, for you folks in need of some space). You can be sure that your HD streaming will be absolutely flawless with this processor.
The Netgear R6300 v2 DDWRT also offers best-in-class 256 RAM and 128 MB active flash memory, which allows us to flash Kong AC build – the most versatile of all DD-WRT builds – onto the router. After all, something has got to back up all of that router processing might.
On top of that, the R6300 is the first model we are introducing that includes a USB 3.0 port, perfect for high-speed data transfers,. And while this doesn’t distinguish the Netgear R6300 V2 from the V1, we should still mention the Wireless-AC, which provides the user with speeds up to 1750 Mbps (1300 Mbps 5.0 + 450 2.4 Mbps). Whether it’s online gaming, streaming, or Skyping, you’ll be free of stalls and freezes with this networking beast!
Netgear R6300 V1 vs. V2 Spec Showdown
|Frequency Band(s)||Dual Band (2.4/ 5 GHz)||Dual Band (2.4/ 5 GHz)|
|Wireless Data Rates||AC1750 (450+1300Mbps)||AC1750 (450+1300Mbps)|
|Wireless Standards||IEEE 802.11 a/c b/g/n||IEEE 802.11 a/c b/g/n|
|Ethernet Ports||4 LAN 1 WAN Gigabit (10/100/1000Mbps)||4 LAN 1 WAN Gigabit (10/100/1000Mbps)|
|Antennas||8 Internal||8 Internal|
|USB Ports||2 (2 USB 2.0)||2 (1 USB 3.0, 1 USB 2.0)|
|Processor Model||BCM4706||Broadcom BCM4708A0 Dual Core|
|Processor Speed:||600 MHz||800 MHz|
|RAM / Flash Memory (MB)||128/128||256/128|
Netgear R6300 DD-WRT Upgraded Features
Though the Netgear R6300 V2 offers plenty on its own, it wouldn’t be a FlashRouter if we didn’t liven it up with some open source firmware.
For those of you unfamiliar with the added enhances of DD-WRT, we’ve prepared a handy instructional video that highlights some of the most sought after features of this firmware:
There’s also all of these DD-WRT upgrades to consider:
- Advanced wireless transmission power options.
- Removes faulty WPS functionality, a major security hole.
- Complete OpenVPN & PPTP Client/Server Setup Support.
- Integrated Captive Portal/ WiFi Hotspot System Capabilities: HotSpotSystem, Sputnik, WiFiDog, NoCatSplash.
- Better Overall WiFi Performance & Varied OS Support (iOS, Linux, Windows 8)
- Advanced Networking Modes: Access Points, Wireless Extender, Wireless Client & Repeater Bridge.
- Bandwidth Monitoring, Logging & Limiting Features.
And that’s just the beginning. A DD-WRT FlashRouter is an endlessly versatile machine that makes all facets of your wireless network stronger.
You can make your network more secure by creating secure tunnels for your laptops, smartphones, tablets, etc. through the router’s built-in VPN compatibility. Access regionally restricted material and keep your sensitive information away from prying eyes with the help of a VPN WiFi router. Better yet, use our popular dual-router set-up; hold on to your old router and have one dedicated VPN router and one for local networking business.
Buy From FlashRouters, You Get More…
- A customized FlashRouter Setup Guide from our Networking Experts.
- Premium FlashRouters Internet Setup & VPN Support: If you’re having any trouble with your FlashRouter, please don’t hesitate to contact our friendly and helpful staff, who will be more than happy and able to talk you through any problem.
- Warranty for DD-WRT installations: Flashing a device on your own completely voids the manufacturer warranty.
All of our devices our flashed and tested by our experts, ensuring that our customers get a product that is ready to work right out of the box with no added hassle.