Fire up the grills. Grab the burgers and dogs. Welcome in the summer and embrace breathing in some of that fresh air right outside your door. It’s Memorial Day Weekend and you deserve a bit of a reprieve from the daily grind.
If you are tired of staying indoors because your WiFi reach is limited and under-performing have we got a solution for you and your summertime resolution of spending more time outside – a wonderful, splendid, fantastic wireless router. Hardware built to perform, with a firmware upgrade to make it outperform your expectations – the Tomato FlashRouter.
What is a Tomato Wireless Router?
Our home base of New Jersey is known for growing some of the best tomatoes around. Tomato is no longer just a luscious condiment, salad fix-in or Italian sauce base. The techie connotation of Tomato arrives in the increasingly popular alternative, open-source, Linux-based router firmware that is available for a select batch of popular router models.
Over the past few months and years, all the major gadget and tech sites have written about the performance and feature benefits of Tomato open-source firmware: Lifehacker who calls Tomato a “User-Friendly Super-Router,” How-To Geek, Coding Horror, & Tech Republic to name a few.
Why? What makes a router with Tomato firmware already installed so powerful? You can read the full list of Tomato benefits or we’ll give you the highlights.
- Superior Network Stability: No more restarting your router every day just to get it working.
- Improved Router Interface & Navigation.
- VPN Client Integration: OpenVPN, PPTP, or L2TP. (See VPN Tab for more info).
- Better Wireless Coverage: Especially when compared to junky ISP routers from Fios, Comcast Xfinity & AT&T Uverse.
- Guest Network Options: Share Your Internet while keeping pesky neighbors out of your private information.
- Advanced QoS: Prioritize specific computers and devices in your network for premium speeds.
- Integrated Wireless Survey Page: View conflicting wireless networks in your area to tweak your network accordingly.
- Advanced Setup Options: Client, Bridge, Wireless Distribution System
- Bandwidth Graphing: By day, by user and tons of other nerdy fun stuff!
BBQs Are Better With a Dash of WiFi
In celebration of Memorial Day and our desire to see people outside even if they want to be playing with their iPad, FlashRouters has cut the prices of our latest and greatest Tomato Firmware Routers 20% or more! Pick your new networking centerpiece and get ready to save!
- Premium Performance Dark Knight Asus RT-N66U – (
- Most Popular Router- Linksys E4200 – (
- Best Dual Band Under $150 – Linksys E3200 – (
- Old Reliable Router- Asus RT-N16 – (
- Quick & Easy Upgrade – Linksys E2500 – (
You may have made a resolution but it can’t hurt to have Internet access for you and your guests to check the sports scores, pop in on MLB.tv, show off your new favorite meme/Youtube video.
All your guests this summer will wonder how you will have the best WiFi around with built-in options for creating a separated guest network to protect your privacy). We’d love it if you shared the secret with them but if you want to have a little fun with them, tell ’em “It’s just my new Tomato!”
And if you are looking for a VPN Tomato Router, we have those as well and they are all on sale. Pick your preferred provider from the product dropdown box and we will gladly include setup guides for you at no extra cost!
Important Note: A Tomato router will not function if it has been grilled or slid in on top of a juicy burger. We can not accept returns or be liable if you put it on top of a burger with lettuce,onions, and a bun and try to eat it. It is not tasty. Even our interns wouldn’t eat it and they are pretty darn hungry.
The Memorial Day Tomato Savings only last through May 27 so act now.