A Warm Welcome to the Netgear WNDR4000
This model is discontinued. For other DD-WRT models, please check out our DD-WRT Routers Page.
At FlashRouters, we take our time before adding new networking devices to our product line. Due to the hard work of the DD-WRT community, many devices are capable of being flashed with DD-WRT but our goal is to provide the most stable, most powerful devices at various price ranges to meet the demands of our customers.
The Netgear WNDR4000 truly meets all the criteria our technicians look for in high-end DD-WRT hardware and firmware upgrades. Quality hardware, underperforming firmware, and a well-reviewed device (PCMag calls it a thoroughbred of 5 Ghz performance) that just needs a little DD-WRT jump-start.
The most sought-after wireless router specs we’ve found consumer or SOHO (small or home office) users want in our research are:
- Wireless Strength, Performance, & Stability
- DD-WRT Upgrade
- High Quality HD Video Streaming Video performance for Netflix, Amazon Instant, YouTube
- Fast throughput
- OpenVPN & PPTP Integration for VPN Service Providers
- Properly functioning Port Forwarding
- QoS Bandwidth Management
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Dual Band Wireless Performance
- Networked USB Integration
And the Netgear WNDR4000 has it all and a boatload of bonuses to spare. The WNDR4000 N750 was a must add after our extensive testing as a DD-WRT option. With speeds on par with the Linksys Cisco E4200, our best-selling DD-WRT router of all time, the WNDR4000 easily has some of the best performance metrics we’ve seen with a DD-WRT device especially when utilized with integrated VPN Service Providers like NordVPN, ExpressVPN, StrongVPN, and IPVanish.
Netgear WNDR4000 N750 Rangemax Router Specs
- Up to 750 (300 +450) Mbps Wireless Connectivity.
- Recommended Router for Streaming HD Video from Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime with Roku, AppleTV, and Sony Media Players.
- 480 MHz Broadcom CPU.
- Simultaneous Dual-Band (2.4GHz and 5GHz).
- Network Attached USB Port.
- Wireless-N Router compatible with 802.11 n/a/g/b wireless devices.
- Gigabit ports for fast transfer speeds between wired devices.
- Customizable wireless security settings with WPA/WPA2 and WPA2 Enterprise.
Upgraded Features Included with a DD-WRT WNDR4000 FlashRouter
- Multiple Networking Setup Modes/Options: Wireless Repeater/Client Bridge.
- Free/Low Cost Wi-Fi Hotspot Options with NoCATSPLASH, Chillispot, and HotspotSystem.
- QoS Bandwidth Monitoring & Advanced Port Forwarding Options.
- IPv6 compatibility.
- Use your favorite DNS serves such as DynDNS and OpenDNS.
When the FlashRouter is connected to a VPN, all devices connected to the FlashRouter are automatically assigned an IP address through the VPN server connection. Connect all your devices to VPN at the same time with one VPN service provider account (like Overplay VPN and HideMyAss (HMA)): iPad, iPhone, Microsoft XBOX 360, Sony PS3, Wii, Roku, Apple TV or Samsung SmartTV.
What is the difference between a FlashRouter DD-WRT router and one purchased at the store?
Of course, you are welcome to flash this device yourself. We recommend that you thoroughly read all related posts online in the DD-WRT forum and Wiki if you plan to upgrade. Our service to provide DD-WRT routers to customers who don’t want to flash themself or don’t want to deal with the learning curve of DD-WRT without dedicated support. If you decide to simplify things and just purchase a DD-WRT router from FlashRouters, here is what you get:
1) Each FlashRouter is individually checked, flashed, and tested prior to shipment. No surprises, no wrong models, or versions, or builds. No more duds with poor support out of the box that you take home and don’t work. Then you spend 4 hours on the phone with someone and with no solution. Think of us as a friend who makes sure everything works on your gadget before you get it… like a Networking Mechanic.
2) But unlike the Mechanic, our inspection includes some free bonuses: a customized DD-WRT/VPN Setup Guide created for your specific network setup & online DD-WRT support to get your Internet/VPN connection up-and-running.
3) If you have configuration issues once this unit arrives with Internet connection problems or VPN Service integration issues, let us know and we’d be glad to assist.
4) Our support does not end there. While DD-WRT has no automatic upgrade feature, if you contact us at a later date wondering if we have upgraded the build we are using on the router, we will be glad to provide that information with you. No longer will you have to struggle and test partially-functioning beta builds from the DD-WRT community. Our goal is to help people upgrade their wireless network for better performance for years into the future and the first step is buying an upgraded router that is ready for everything the future may have to handle.
So buy in confidence and rely on our extensive research, experience and hard work of our networking specialists. We don’t think we’re a Geek Squad or Geniuses but we know a thing or two about networks.
Have a question about our products or service? Just e-mail us and we’ll be glad to answer any concerns.