This model is discontinued. For other DD-WRT models, please check out our DD-WRT Routers Page.
The TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND is simply one of the best 2.4GHz routers available. The DD-WRT community pegs the TL-WR1043ND as one of its most desirable Atheros-based routers. So FlashRouters has made it our newest addition, offering the service of buying a router already configured and flashed with all the benefits of DD-WRT out-of-the-box.
What Makes the TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND So Good & So Popular?
This router offers advanced features such as Signal Sustain Technology (SST) which transmits across three spatially-diverse paths while incorporating information from three receivers simultaneously within the signal processing at the receiver.
- Dramatic increases in link robustness and throughput.
- Greatly reduced connection drops.
- Averages 50 percent greater sustained throughput than 2×2 MIMO system.
FlashRouters takes this high performance router and boosts its capabilities by flashing and optimizing the settings with a Linux based DD-WRT firmware.
The TP-LINK Brand
While TP-Link is not a household name in North America, the TL-WR1043ND has been lauded across the globe for its exceptional hardware and forward-thinking wireless networking features, capacities, and capabilities.
As a relative newcomer to the router industry, entering the International market in 2005, TP-LINK have quickly become recognized by knowledgeable techies for producing an exceptional product with robust features at an amazing price.
The TL-WR1043ND is just the latest router to push that mantra forward. It has collected awards worldwide including “Best Product,” “Best Wireless Router,” “Editor’s Choice,” and “Best Design” from magazines, blogs and electronics exhibitions everywhere including Hong Kong, Russia, Spain, Turkey, Denmark, Poland, Belgium, Holland, and Taiwan just to name a few.
DD-WRT VPN Integration
The DDWRT upgrade allows for the Virtual Private Network integration with OverPlay VPN’s special MyPage application for DD-WRT Routers. Connect through PPTP, L2TP, or OpenVPN protocols, encrypting previously unsecured network traffic.
VPN capabilities are only available to VPN subscribers only. A DD-WRT router may be used to set up a VPN connection from various VPN service providers who offer DD-WRT support. Working with NordVPN, FlashRouters can make this process simple for the most novice VPN adopters.
TP-LINK WR1043ND Final Review & Introductory Special:
Highly sought after, optimal performance, strong antenna signals, and open source DD-WRT upgrade make this TP-Link a must have for anyone in need of a network upgrade.
TP-LINK WR1043ND Features:
- 4 Gigabit LAN Ports (10/100/1000Mbps) for wired devices.
- Customizable security settings with WEP, WPA/WPA2, WPA-PSK /WPA2-PSK.
- 1 USB 2.0 Port.
- 3 Omni Directional External Antennae.
- Wireless-N/Wired Internet-sharing router.
- Wireless standards 802.11n, 802.11g, and 802.11b devices.
- Enhanced with DD-WRT firmware.
- All FlashRouters come with an Ethernet Network cable, a customized quick installation guide, and an Energy Star power adapter.
Exclusive FlashRouters TP-Link TL-WR1043ND Features:
- VPN plug ‘n play router.
- Configured with DD-WRT v.24 firmware
- Preset with Overplay’s DD-WRT MyPage Application to conect with any VPN server.
- Simple browser-based settings so you can use Overplay’s VPN service to internally change your router’s IP address to one in any of 60+ countries.
- Any connected device such as an AppleTV, Roku, XBOX 360, PS3, or Wii will automatically be assigned the IP address of your VPN server.
Detailed FlashRouters DD-WRT Benefits:
- Stability of running a linux-based firmware.
- Built-in DNS (Domain Name System) caching – speeds up your connection to an array of websites.
- Viewable performance graphs and statistics to watch your network performance and measure your bandwidth levels.
- Advanced QoS (Quality of Service) controls for bandwidth allocation to your various Network connections.
- Adjustable antenna power to increase your wireless spectrum.
- WDS wireless bridging /repeating protocol AKA the “Repeater Bridge” mode, which allows you to easily expand your network using a second wireless router.
- Power cycle your router from the Administration settings.
- VPN (Virtual Private Network) passthrough capabilities.
- Configure the router as a Wi-Fi hotspot for your business or neighbors with a verification page using the integrated Chillispot.
- Radius Authentication for additional wireless security.
- VLAN (Virtual Local Area Network) Support.
- A functional DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) server.
- Create unique SSIDs (service set identifiers) when using multiple routers.
- NAT (Network Address Translation) support.
- Frame Bursting Capabilities.
- Software support for the SD-Card hardware modification.
Detailed TP-Link Specs:
Platform: Atheros AR9132@400
RAM / Flash [MB]: 32 / 8
Wireless Standards: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
Antennae: 3 x 3dBi Detachable Omni Directional (RP-SMA)
Frequency Band/Bandwidth: 2.4GHz Band
Transmission Speed: 300 Mbps
Wireless Security: WEP, WPA, WPA2, WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK
Wired Ports: 4 Gigabit LAN ports (10/100/1000Mbps) & 1 WAN port
Serial Port: 1
Volt Input [V/A]: 12V 1.5A
Dimensions: 1.2″ Height x 7.9″ Width x 5.5″ Depth