This model is discontinued. For other Linksys models, check out our Linksys Routers page.
Are you looking for a new router with easy, no-hassle network setup? Perhaps you have been told to check out the innovative and powerful, open source DD-WRT router firmware. At FlashRouters, all of our routers have the option to come preconfigured with upgraded router firmware such as DD-WRT or Tomato.
If you do not want to worry about the flashing or installation process required to alter a router’s firmware, but still want access to the benefits of DD-WRT at an affordable price, then the Cisco Linksys E1000 Router could be perfect for you.
The major upgrade over many older routers is its use of the Wireless N platform. Most devices run on the Wireless N platform for advanced speed yet they are held back and underutilized when routing their connections through a slower Wireless G router.
The difference between Wireless N and Wireless G can be up to 5 times the wireless connection speed! Wireless G is capable of up to 56 Mbps. Upgrading to the E1000 can give you results of up to 300 Mbps.
Here are a few highlighted E1000 features:
- Wireless-N/Wired Internet-sharing router.
- Compatible with 802.11n, 802.11g, and 802.11b devices.
- Four Fast Ethernet (10/100Mbps) ports for wired devices.
- Customizable security settings with WPA/WPA2 Personal and SPI firewall protection.
- Single-band 2.4GHz with 2 Internal Antennae.
- Energy efficient Energy Star power adapter.
When you purchase from FlashRouters, your supercharged E1000 comes with many exclusive features for the E1000:
- Flashed & Configured with DD-WRT v24 vpn-small featuring advanced bandwidth and Quality of Service controls.
- VPN plug ‘n play router providing an extra layer of encryption for all connected devices (when used with OverPlay). Connected devices such as an XBOX 360, PS3, Wii, TV, or other media device will automatically be assigned the IP address of your VPN server.
- Wake on LAN Capabilities. (Turn on a computer through your Internet connection if you leave it at home)
For intermediate users, the DDWRT E1000 makes for a perfect, inexpensive, secondary router for your network as well. You’ll be able to create a wired or wireless network bridge, make an access point for guests, or utilize the E1000 a wireless repeater to boost the distance of your network’s range to dead spots in your home.
All routers are flashed with our custom chosen and tested version of the DD-WRT open source firmware platform to maximize the capabilities of the router before it arrives at your home customized for your network.
Getting a FlashRouter is the best way to enter the world of DDWRT without the hassle of possibly bricking or messing up your router with an improper DDWRT installation. Are you’re ready to purchase an