The Airlink101 AR670W DD-WRT router brings advanced wireless technology to your home wireless network. Transmitting wireless data rates up to 300Mbps with Wireless-N using 2 external antennae, the AR670W can provide wider coverage and continuous connectivity to distribute a stronger wireless signal than an old Wireless-G device. If you are looking for a lightweight, basic upgrade from Wireless-G to better use your WiFi connection, the Airlink AR670W might be the best, low-priced DD-WRT router for you.
FlashRouters unlocks advanced features for this small but powerful Airlink101 router by upgrading the firmware to DD-WRT. Using DD-WRT can make your network infinitely better, more stable and easier to tweak. Our router builds include many popular DD-WRT features that customers are looking for:
Popular AR670W DD-WRT Setup Options
Using DD-WRT can make your network infinitely more stable and easier to tweak. FlashRouters creates a complete out-of-the-box, plug and play DD-WRT upgraded router solution that includes all the most popular DD-WRT features:
- VPN Router: Upgrading to a DD-WRT AR670W allows for built-in VPN connections with OpenVPN and PPTP, creating a secure tunnel for any device just by connecting to the router. When you use a Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection, you get an additional layer of Internet security and encryption that allows you to mask your location or to access regionally restricted video and streaming content. Read more about what VPN can do under the VPN Service tab.
- Dual Router Setup: In the dual router setup, one router is connected to your local Internet Service Provider and the AR670W can be used as a dedicated VPN router. Learn more about the FlashRouters Dual Router Setup.
- Wireless Extender/Bridge Options: Depending on your build and chip type, you can set up a variety of wireless extender options with a DD-WRT router. This will allow you to extend the current reach of the router, improving wireless range in homes and offices. You can also use DD-WRT to create a wireless bridge. With a wireless bridge, you can establish a wired connection without running actual cables and you can create wired ports for a 3G/4G MiFi device. Get a more extensive breakdown in our post on Wireless Repeaters and Bridges. Please look under the Support Plan tab for additional tech support information if you plan to use one of these setups.
The FlashRouters Difference
The Netgear AR670W FlashRouter arrives pre-installed with a recent, tested, stable DD-WRT firmware build. Forget spending hours deciphering the DD-WRT forums/website/Wiki for the correct hardware version and proper build only to discover that you've improperly flashed your device and bricked it.
Each FlashRouter arrives at your doorstep with a personalized setup guide that is tailored to your requested network information, making your network centerpiece installation as simple as possible. The right router, the right firmware, right now!
FlashRouters steps in to offer what many router manufacturers won't: better firmware, network configuration assistance and responsive American tech support that will actually answer your questions.
- Free VPN Service Integration: If you have a favored VPN provider, we'll configure the FlashRouter for you and ship it out with the setup information or a visual setup guide for your chosen provider. If you need assistance choosing the right service for you, just contact our support staff. Read more about this option under the VPN Service tab.
- Custom Configuration & Setup Guide Included: Include your preferred router setup options in the order checkout comments or a FlashRouter configuration specialist will be in contact to tailor your new router to your networking plan.
- Free Online Tech Support: Should you run into an issue during Internet or VPN setup, our skilled DD-WRT techs can assist in getting the connection up and running. Read more about this option under the Support Plan tab.
- DD-WRT Warranty: DD-WRT firmware installation voids manufacturer warranties. FlashRouters provides a 90-Day Warranty for DD-WRT installations.
- Worldwide Shipping via USPS.
|Wireless Frequency Band(s)||Single Band (2.4 GHz)|
|Wireless Data Rates||N300 (300Mbps)|
|Wireless Standards||IEEE 802.11b/g/n|
|Ethernet Port Type||Fast Ethernet (10/100Mbps)|
|Ethernet Ports||4 LAN 1 WAN|
|Number of Antennas||2|
|Wireless Security||WEP, WPA, WPA2|
|Processor Speed||266 MHz|
|Flash Memory (MB)||4|
|Power Adapter||100v-120v ~50-60Hz (US Only)|
|Volt Input||12V 1.5A|
|Package Contents||A/C Power Supply, Customized Setup Guide, Ethernet Cable|
|Warranty||90 Day Limited Warranty|
|Choose VPN Service||None Required|