One of the most requested and widely-used open-source firmware routers, the Asus RT-N16 is truly built to perform. The RT-N16 is sought after for its 2 network USB ports and 128 MB of RAM 32 MB of Flash Memory—more than 4 times the standard memory size for a router. Add in the 3 powerful and upgradable external antennae and the Asus RT-N16 is arguably the best single-band router you can buy.
Upgrading the RT-N16 to Tomato turns a very good router into an excellent home-networking centerpiece. Whether you are looking for advanced bandwidth monitoring, a stronger wireless signal, or increased security, the Asus RT-N16 will not disappoint. The Asus RT-N16 offers wireless transfer speeds up to 300Mbps with excellent WiFi coverage, suitable for all of your streaming music, TV shows and movies.
With integrated Tomato added benefits, users can create a secure tunnel for connected devices that are connectied to the routers. Native VPN support for PPTP, L2TP and OpenVPN creates an additional layer of Internet encryption, personal privacy, while allowing you to mask your location for additional security. Encrypt your personal and private data with high grade AES encryption for confidential e-mails or to conceal viewing habits, P2P downloads and sensitive data from Internet Service Providers, government agencies, identity thieves and hackers. Use the Internet as it was intended - safely and anonymously.
Popular Asus RT-N16 Tomato Features Include:
- Fixes known bugs in Broadcom-based Asus firmware
- An improved, user-friendly router Ajax-based Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- Improved network stability with Network Status Info: uptime, load average, and free memory status
- Advanced access restrictions for increased network security.
- Integrated Wireless Survey page: View other wireless networks in your area and adjust your network accordingly
- Advanced Wireless modes: access point (AP), wireless client station (STA), wireless Ethernet (WET) bridge, wireless distribution system (WDS aka wireless bridging), simultaneous AP and WDS (aka wireless repeating)
- Bandwidth graphing/statistics: real-time, lasts 24 hours, daily, monthly
- Adjustable Antenna Transmission Settings: Antenna selection with 14 wireless channels available
- Advanced port forwarding: Create port forwards, redirects, and triggers with included UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) page to view and delete UPnP
- Wake-on-LAN remote network access
The FlashRouters Difference
The DD-WRT Asus RT-N16 TomatoUSB FlashRouter arrives pre-installed with a recent, tested, stable DD-WRT firmware build. Forget spending hours deciphering the DD-WRT forums/website/Wiki for the correct hardware version and proper build only to discover that you've improperly flashed your device and bricked it.
Each FlashRouter arrives at your doorstep with a personalized setup guide that is tailored to your requested network information, making your network centerpiece installation as simple as possible. The right router, the right firmware, right now!
FlashRouters steps in to offer what many router manufacturers won't: better firmware, network configuration assistance and responsive American tech support that will actually answer your questions.
- Free PrivateInternetAccess OpenVPN Service Integration
- Custom Configuration & Setup Guide Included: Include your preferred router setup options in the order checkout comments or a FlashRouter configuration specialist will be in contact to tailor your new router to your networking plan.
- Free Online Tech Support: Should you run into an issue during Internet or VPN setup, our skilled DD-WRT techs can assist in getting the connection up and running. Read more about this option under the Support Plan tab.
- DD-WRT Warranty: DD-WRT firmware installation voids manufacturer warranties. FlashRouters provides a 90-Day Warranty for DD-WRT installations.
- Worldwide Shipping via USPS.
|Frequency Band(s)||Single Band (2.4 GHz)|
|Wireless Data Rates||N300 (300Mbps)|
|Wireless Standards||IEEE 802.11b/g/n|
|Ethernet Port Type||Gigabit (10/100/1000Mbps)|
|Ethernet Ports||4 LAN 1 WAN|
|Number of Antennas||3|
|Wireless Security||WPA Personal, WPA Enterprise, WPA2 Personal, WPA2 Enterprise, WPA2 Personal Mixed, WPA2 Enterprise Mixed, RADIUS, WEP|
|Processor Speed:||480 MHz|
|Flash Memory (MB)||32|
|Power Adapter||100v-240v ~50-60Hz (Compatible Worldwide)|
|Volt Input||12V 1.25A|
|Package Contents||A/C Power Supply, Ethernet Cable, Customized Setup Guide|
|Warranty||90 Day Limited Warranty|
|Choose VPN Service||PrivateInternetAccess|
- This FlashRouter comes with 3 FREE months of our Basic Support PLUS Plan (normally $75) which includes:
- Internet Connection Support
- Wireless Network Setup Support
- VPN Client Connection Support
- US Based Customer Support
- 3 TeamViewer Remote Support Sessions
- Wireless Extender Support for Bridges, Repeaters, and WAPs.
- You may purchase an upgrade to a full year of the Basic Support PLUS Plan in the Support Plan dropdown option above.
- Additional 1 year blocks of support time can still be purchased after your free three months have lapsed.
- Read all the details about our Basic Support PLUS Plan here.
Popular Added Features on Asus RT-N16 Tomato Firmware FlashRouter
- Fixes Known bugs in Broadcom-based Linksys/Asus firmware.
- Improved Network Stability.
- Network Status: Uptime, load average, and free memory status.
- Integrated Wireless Survey page: View other wireless networks in your area and adjust your network accordingly.
- A more user-friendly router Ajax-based Graphical User Interface (GUI).
- OpenVPN & PPTP VPN connections.
- Advanced access restrictions for increased network security
- Advanced QoS: 10 unique QoS classes defined, real-time pie graph display of prioritized traffic with drilldown into class details
- Bandwidth graphing/statistics: real-time, last 24 hours, daily, monthly
- NAT (Network Address Translation) support.
- Adjustable Antenna Transmission Settings: Antenna selection with 14 wireless channels available.
- CLI (using BusyBox): Access via TELNET or SSH (using Dropbear)
- DHCP server: Using Dnsmasq with dynamic and static DHCP leases.
- DNS forwarder: (using Dnsmasq) with local hostnames, local domain names, and caching of internet addresses.
- Wake-on-LAN remote network access.
- Advanced Wireless modes: access point (AP), wireless client station (STA), wireless ethernet (WET) bridge, wireless distribution system (WDS aka wireless bridging), simultaneous AP and WDS (aka wireless repeating)
- Dynamic DNS service integration: ezUpdate and other providers
- View or download Syslog through the GUI.
- JFFS2 / CIFS client.
- Advanced port forwarding: Create port forwards, redirects, and triggers with includedUPnP (Universal Plug and Play) page to view and delete UPnP forwarded port mapping.
- Up scripts: Init, Shutdown, Firewall, and WAN.