The Cisco Linksys E1200 is one of the latest and best-reviewed basic Wireless-N routers, and it is no wonder why given its speeds of up to 300 mbps at this very affordable price. If you are due for a Wi-Fi upgrade to accommodate all your new devices and want the simplest and fastest solution, the Linksys E1200 is an excellent choice. With up to 300 Mbps Wireless-N speeds (up to 6x faster than a Wireless-G router) and 4 fast Ethernet ports for wired connections, the Linksys E1200 is ideal for those customers looking for an easy setup along with consistent performance and stability.
The V2 version of this model is desirable includes larger memory for including a more robust version of DD-WRT within the device. It also provides more memory for processes you may want to run on the router.
Popular E1200 V2 DD-WRT Setup Options
Using DD-WRT can make your network infinitely more stable and easier to tweak. FlashRouters creates a complete out-of-the-box, plug and play DD-WRT upgraded router solution that includes all the most popular DD-WRT features:
- VPN Router: Upgrading to a DD-WRT E1200 allows for built-in VPN connections with OpenVPN and PPTP, creating a secure tunnel for any device just by connecting to the router. When you use a Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection, you get an additional layer of Internet security and encryption that allows you to mask your location or to access regionally restricted video and streaming content. Read more about what VPN can do under the VPN Service tab.
- Dual Router Setup: In the dual router setup, one router is connected to your local Internet Service Provider and the E1200 can be used as a dedicated VPN router. Learn more about the FlashRouters Dual Router Setup.
- Wireless Extender/Bridge Options: Depending on your build and chip type, you can set up a variety of wireless extender options with a DD-WRT router. This will allow you to extend the current reach of the router and improve your wireless range in homes and offices. You can also use DD-WRT to create a wireless bridge. With a wireless bridge, you can establish a wired connection without running actual cables and you can create wired ports for a 3G/4G MiFi device. Get a more extensive breakdown in our post on Wireless Repeaters and Bridges. Please look under the Support Plan tab for additional tech support information if you plan to use one of these setups.
The DD-WRT Linksys E1200 FlashRouter arrives pre-installed with a recent, tested, stable DD-WRT firmware build. Forget spending hours deciphering the DD-WRT forums/website/Wiki for the correct hardware version and proper build only to discover that you've improperly flashed your device and bricked it.
Each FlashRouter arrives at your doorstep with a personalized setup guide that is tailored to your requested network information, making your network centerpiece installation as simple as possible. The right router, the right firmware, right now!
FlashRouters steps in to offer what many router manufacturers won't: better firmware, network configuration assistance and responsive American tech support that will actually answer your questions.
- Free VPN Service Integration: If you have a favored VPN provider, we'll configure the FlashRouter for you and ship it out with the setup information or a visual setup guide for your chosen provider. If you need assistance choosing the right service for you, just contact our support staff. Read more about this option under the VPN Service tab.
- Custom Configuration & Setup Guide Included: Include your preferred router setup options in the order checkout comments or a FlashRouter configuration specialist will be in contact to tailor your new router to your networking plan.
- Free Online Tech Support: Should you run into an issue during Internet or VPN setup, our skilled DD-WRT techs can assist in getting the connection up and running. Read more about this option under the Support Plan tab.
- DD-WRT Warranty: DD-WRT firmware installation voids manufacturer warranties. FlashRouters provides a 90-Day Warranty for DD-WRT installations. Open Box versions of this router come with a 14-Day Refund Only option.
- Worldwide Shipping via USPS.
Related Blog Posts
|Frequency Band(s)||Single Band (2.4 GHz)|
|Wireless Data Rates||N300 (300Mbps)|
|Wireless Standards||IEEE 802.11b/g/n|
|Ethernet Port Type||Fast Ethernet (10/100Mbps)|
|Ethernet Ports||4 LAN 1 WAN|
|Number of Antennas||2|
|Wireless Security||WPA Personal, WPA Enterprise, WPA2 Personal, WPA2 Enterprise, WPA2 Personal Mixed, WPA2 Enterprise Mixed, RADIUS, WEP|
|Processor Speed:||300 MHz|
|Flash Memory (MB)||8|
|Power Adapter||100v-240v ~50-60Hz (Compatible Worldwide)|
|Volt Input||12V 0.5A|
|Router Condition||Open Box or Recertified|
|Package Contents||A/C Power Supply, Ethernet Cable, Customized Setup Guide|
|Warranty||90 Day Limited Warranty or Open Box 14 Day Refund Only|
|Choose VPN Service||None Required|
DD-WRT Firmware Version: DD-WRT Big-NV64K
Setup Information: No CD Installation required with a FlashRouter. Each router comes with the firmware already installed and a easy to follow setup guide.
Popular DD-WRT feature enhancements: Quality of Service (QoS) bandwidth management, Remote Wake on Lan (WOL), Integrated VPN options, Guest network, Hotspot setup, and Wireless Extender Options (Wireless Client-Bridge, Repeater, and Wireless Access Point).
FlashRouter Upgrade Process: FlashRouters must be remove all routers from their original packaging in order to perform the DD-WRT upgrade, test the device and complete the configuration process. Each router has been individually checked and tested by a FlashRouter specialist to ensure everything is working and configured properly before being shipped.
Warranty: By altering the firmware on your router, the manufacturer's warranty is voided. FlashRouters is proud to offer our own Limited 90-Day Warranty along with a 30-Day Satisfaction guarantee. Open Box versions of this router come with a 14-Day Refund Only option. Please read our Warranty and Return Policy for more information.
For more in-depth information on the upgrades, benefits and options with a DD-WRT FlashRouter, please visit the DD-WRT information page.
- You can select your preferred VPN Service provider from the dropdown menu above. If your provider is not listed then simply fill in the “other provider” field and we will email you if there is an issues with compatibility.
- If you would like us to preset a specific VPN client connection on your router, you can simply let us know in the comments area during the checkout process. You can leave your preferred server, protocol, username, and password in our secure checkout form. We will contact you if there are any issues.
- Note that FlashRouters only supports personal VPN providers with documented setup guides for connecting to their service from a DD-WRT router.
- Learn more about our supported VPN providers here.
- View our supported VPN providers chart by protocol and firmware.
This FlashRouter comes with 3 FREE months of our Basic Support Plan (regularly $50) which includes support for Internet Connection, Wireless Network Setup, & VPN Client Connection. Our US-based Customer Support also includes 1 TeamViewer Remote Support Session.
You may purchase an upgrade to 3 months or 1 year of the Basic Support PLUS Plan in the Support Plan dropdown option above. The PLUS plan adds Wireless Extender Support for Bridges, Repeaters, and WAPs.
Additional 1 year blocks of support time can be purchased after your free three months have lapsed as well.
Super Helpful Review by Minoo
Quality Value Support
FlashRouters people are super nice and helpful. They also included a very detailed set of instructions to help get me up and running! Very prompt and fantastic service!
(Posted on 2/24/14)
Great Experience Review by Lewis
Quality Value Support
Always a great experience, and looking forward to my next purchase. Thanks!
(Posted on 2/24/14)
Perfect! Review by Dustin
Quality Support Value
Thank You! The First One Works Perfect had to get another!!! (Posted on 12/18/13)
Military precision and speed Review by Bill M.
Support Value Quality
I'm in the military stationed in Korea. We are on a different time zone. I ordered the router yesterday evening and when I woke this morning I found your message stating my router shipped already.
I do appreciate the very prompt service and I will tell all my buddies about your great service.
You have great service and military members around the world use it. You're awesome and I will definitely do business with you again thanks. (Posted on 12/4/13)