The Linksys E1000 is a popular basic router offering Wireless-N speeds at an affordable price. If your router is failing or underperforming and you want a quick and easy upgrade, the Linksys E1000 is that reliable workhorse for you. With up to 300 Mbps Wireless-N speeds and 4 10/100 Ethernet ports for wired connectivity, the Linksys E1000 is perfect for those users who want to set up the device once and never have to think about it again.
Popular E1000 DD-WRT Setup Options
Using DD-WRT can make your network infinitely more stable and easier to tweak. FlashRouters creates a complete out-of-the-box, plug and play DD-WRT upgraded router solution that includes all the most popular DD-WRT features:
- VPN Router: Upgrading to a DD-WRT E1000 allows for built-in VPN connections with OpenVPN and PPTP, creating a secure tunnel for any device just by connecting to the router. When you use a Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection, you get an additional layer of Internet security and encryption that allows you to mask your location or to access regionally restricted video and streaming content. Read more about what VPN can do under the VPN Service tab.
- Dual Router Setup: In the dual router setup, one router is connected to your local Internet Service Provider and the E1000 can be used as a dedicated VPN router. Learn more about the FlashRouters Dual Router Setup.
- Wireless Extender/Bridge Options: Depending on your build and chip type, you can set up a variety of wireless extender options with a DD-WRT router. This will allow you to extend the current reach of the router, improving wireless range in homes and offices. You can also use DD-WRT to create a wireless bridge. With a wireless bridge, you can establish a wired connection without running actual cables and you can create wired ports for a 3G/4G MiFi device. Get a more extensive breakdown in our post on Wireless Repeaters and Bridges. Please look under the Support Plan tab for additional tech support information if you plan to use one of these setups.
The FlashRouters Difference
The DD-WRT Linksys E1000 FlashRouter arrives pre-installed with a recent, tested, stable DD-WRT firmware build. Forget spending hours deciphering the DD-WRT forums/website/Wiki for the correct hardware version and proper build only to discover that you've improperly flashed your device and bricked it.
Each FlashRouter arrives at your doorstep with a personalized setup guide that is tailored to your requested network information, making your network centerpiece installation as simple as possible. The right router, the right firmware, right now!
FlashRouters steps in to offer what many router manufacturers won't: better firmware, network configuration assistance and responsive American tech support that will actually answer your questions.
- Free VPN Service Integration: If you have a favored VPN provider, we'll configure the FlashRouter for you and ship it out with the setup information or a visual setup guide for your chosen provider. If you need assistance choosing the right service for you, just contact our support staff. Read more about this option under the VPN Service tab.
- Custom Configuration & Setup Guide Included: Include your preferred router setup options in the order checkout comments or a FlashRouter configuration specialist will be in contact to tailor your new router to your networking plan.
- Free Online Tech Support: Should you run into an issue during Internet or VPN setup, our skilled DD-WRT techs can assist in getting the connection up and running. Read more about this option under the Support Plan tab.
- DD-WRT Warranty: DD-WRT firmware installation voids manufacturer warranties. FlashRouters provides a 90-Day Warranty for DD-WRT installations. Open Box versions of this router come with a 14-Day Refund Only option.
- Worldwide Shipping via USPS.
|Frequency Band(s)||Single Band (2.4 GHz)|
|Wireless Data Rates||N300 (300Mbps)|
|Wireless Standards||IEEE 802.11b/g/n|
|Ethernet Port Type||Fast Ethernet (10/100Mbps)|
|Ethernet Ports||4 LAN 1 WAN|
|Number of Antennas||2|
|Wireless Security||WEP, WPA Personal, WPA2 Personal, WPA2 Personal Mixed|
|Processor Speed:||300 MHz|
|Flash Memory (MB)||4|
|Power Adapter||100v-240v ~50-60Hz (Compatible Worldwide)|
|Volt Input||12V 0.5A|
|Hardware Version||V1, V2, or V2.1|
|Router Condition||Open Box or Recertified|
|Package Contents||A/C Power Supply, Ethernet Cable, Customized Setup Guide|
|Warranty||90 Day Limited Warranty or Open Box 14 Day Refund Only|
|Choose VPN Service||None Required|
- Router Firmware upgraded with stable DD-WRT OpenVPN_Small build by our experienced DD-WRT specialists.
- Basic feature enhancements include:
- Quality of Service (QoS) bandwidth management.
- Remote Wake on Lan (WOL).
- Integrated VPN options.
- Guest network, Hotspot setup.
- Wireless Extender Options:
- No CD Installation required.
- All FlashRouters must be removed from their original package in order to be flashed with DD-WRT and configured with your preferred VPN provider. By altering the firmware on your router, the manufacturer's warranty is voided.
- FlashRouters is proud to offer our own Limited 90-Day Warranty along with a 30-day Satisfaction guarantee. Every single router has been personally checked by a FlashRouter specialist to ensure everything is working and configured properly before being shipped. Please read our Warranty and Return Policy for more information. Open Box versions of this router come with a 14-Day Refund Only option
- For more details visit our DD-WRT information page.
- You can select your preferred VPN Service provider from the dropdown menu above. If your provider is not listed then simply fill in the “other provider” field and we will email you if there is an issues with compatibility.
- If you would like us to preset a specific VPN client connection on your router, you can simply let us know in the comments area during the checkout process. You can leave your preferred server, protocol, username, and password in our secure checkout form. We will contact you if there are any issues.
- Note that FlashRouters only supports personal VPN providers with documented setup guides for connecting to their service from a DD-WRT router.
- Learn more about our supported VPN providers here.
- View our supported VPN providers chart by protocol and firmware.
- This FlashRouter comes with 3 FREE months of our Basic Support Plan (regularly $50) which includes:
- Internet Connection Support
- Wireless Network Setup Support
- VPN Client Connection Support
- US Based Customer Support
- 1 TeamViewer Remote Support Session
- You may purchase an upgrade to 3 months or 1 year of the Basic Support PLUS Plan in the Support Plan dropdown option above. which includes:
- Wireless Extender Support for Bridges, Repeaters, and WAPs.
- Additional 1 year blocks of support time can still be purchased after your free three months have lapsed.
- Read all the details about our Basic Support Plan here.
- Read all the details about our Basic Support PLUS Plan here.
Easy To Use, With Speedy Delivery Review by Cale
Quality Value Support
Firstly, I would like to say how impressed I was with the speed of FlashRouters' service. I was very unsure on what router to purchase, and to be honest, have a fairly limited price range for such expenses, but the FlashRouters team walked me through each step of the process, providing guidance on what VPN provider to use, selecting a router, and once I got it, setting it up. An extremely patient and helpful service. (Posted on 6/19/14)
Affordable and Very Useful Review by Steve
Quality Value Support
This is a wonderful value at a great value. I was looking for a DD-WRT router for a while now, and could not find anything within my price range on other sites, and I do not have the expertise to flash a router myself. FlashRouters offers wonderful support that comes free with every router. I could not recommended it more. (Posted on 4/28/14)