Introducing the Cisco Linksys E1200 DD-WRT Router…
Have you decided its time to upgrade your wireless router? Want something simple, sleek, affordable and powerful? Well, you’ve stumbled on an elegant solution, the economy priced Linksys Cisco E1200 DD-WRT FlashRouter unleashed with a pre-installed DD-WRT firmware upgrade to exploit the router’s full potential.
The Cisco Linksys E1200 is a one of the latest and best-reviewed (an Editor’s Choice from PCMag) entry-level wireless routers, offering high end Wireless-N speeds of up to 300 mbps at more than affordable price. The E1200 is stylish, 30% thinner and lighter than its older brother the E1000 and ready to be the bedrock of your wireless network for years to come.
The E1200 is an excellent choice for those needing a Wi-Fi upgrade to accommodate all your new Wireless-N capable devices like iPads, iPhones, Roku, AppleTV, Samsung Galaxy III and want the simplest/quickest router upgrade possible. If you are looking for advanced wireless speed and functionality, check out our Best Routers Blog Post.
Best Reasons to Upgrade Your Wireless Router
If you are still running your network on a workhorse WRT54G but router-based limitations are keeping you from utilizing the high end speeds of your devices, it is time for an upgrade.
With up to 300 Mbps Wireless-N speeds (up to 6x faster than a Wireless-G router) and 4 fast Ethernet ports for wired connections, the Linksys E1200 is ideal for users looking for customers looking consistent wireless and wired performance on a basic network, set it up and forget about it.
Are you tired of all your devices moving slowly, having continuing buffering issues while watching Netflix or playing Call of Duty on XboxLive or PS3? Do you want to be fully prepared with a high performance wireless and wired speeds when Halo 4 is released without blowing your budget? Maybe you just need to extend your current wireless signal to a different part of your home or office and want an affordable yet powerful option?
E1200 DD-WRT FlashRouter Features
What makes the wireless routers from FlashRouters special is that we upgrade the Cisco Linksys 1200 buggy and feature-limited firmware Cisco firmware to open-source, powerful DD-WRT firmware before shipping the device to you.
With this DD-WRT firmware upgrade, the E1200 wireless router turns from a highly capable device to a powerful machine; capable of many advanced networking functions for tweakers and gearheads to those looking to learn about wireless networking/open-source routers & have more control over their wireless network.
Every FlashRouter Purchase also gets the included FlashRouter Benefits (These are not support add-ons or excess charges but included in the purchase price of the E1200):
- An extensively tested DD-WRT firmware flashed router.
- Free Tech Support Included - If you have issues, our friendly, fast, and knowledgeable US-based support staff will get your DD-WRT wireless router and VPN service connection up and running or return your device for a full refund. Satisfaction Guaranteed!
- Custom Configuration & Setup Guide - Following each order, a FlashRouter configuration specialist will personally contact you to tailor your high-powered router to your networking plans.
- Free VPN Service Integration - OverPlay VPN, Hide My Ass, Strong VPN, IPVanish, VyprVPN, PureVPN, ExpressVPN, My Private Network and many more. (More info below)
- Repeater Bridge/Wireless Bridge Help – Let us know you are planning to create one and we can set it up for you or include a setup guide. (More info below)
- Fast, affordable worldwide shipping via USPS.
More DDWRT Router Setup Explanations
As an add-on router for your network, the Linksys E1200 DDWRT can be quite effective. One of many popular reasons for upgrading to a E1200 with DD-WRT from FlashRouters is built-in VPN connection options with OpenVPN, L2TP and PPTP via VPN Passthrough or WAN connection to creating a secure tunnel for any device just by connecting to the router.
Besides an additional layer of Internet security and encryption, a Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection can mask your location for additional security and access restricted content such as Netflix from outside the US. Supported VPN Providers include Overplay, HideMyAss, StrongVPN, IPVanish, and many more. Learn more about what VPN can do in our VPN FAQ.
Another popular use for the E1200 with DD-WRT pre-installed is creating a wireless repeater/extender or bridge. Turning an E1200 into a wireless repeater can extend the current reach of your router, improving wireless range in homes or offices.
Use the DD-WRT as a wireless bridge to create wired connections in a different part of a home or office without running cable or to create wired ports for a 3G/4G MiFi device. For a more extensive breakdown, read our post on Wireless Repeaters and Bridges.
- Single-band 2.4GHz (300 mbps wireless). Compatible with 802.11/ n/g/b devices.
- Works with OpenVPN, PPTP & L2TP VPN connections.
- Wireless Bridge & Repeater Functionality.
- Adjustable Antenna Transmission Settings.
- Quality of Service (QoS) – Internet usage monitoring and controls.
- Customizable security settings with WPA/WPA2 Personal and SPI firewall protection.
- NAT (Network Address Translation) Support